Accidents while working can happen in any occupation, and the injuries that result can be severe. At the Quirk Law Firm LLP, we know that slip and fall accident injuries are among the most common type of personal injury to occur in the workplace, and can result in lasting ramifications that require ongoing medical care while impacting your ability to work or engage in hobbies and activities you once enjoyed. Fortunately, workers’ compensation benefits may be available to help you through your recovery, and our Ventura slip and fall accident lawyers have some tips to follow to ensure you get the amount of compensation you deserve.
Common Places Slip and Fall Accidents Occur
The National Safety Council (NSC) reports that slip and fall accidents are one of the leading causes of accidents injury each year in the United States, sending roughly eight million people to hospital emergency rooms for injuries that range from mild to severe, potentially debilitating, and even life threatening. The NSC reports that some of the most common places for these accident to occur include the following:
- At doorways, entrances, and exits, where crowds and uneven surfaces can present trip and fall hazards;
- In cluttered hallways and aisles;
- On wet and slippery floors, or places with uneven carpeting;
- On unstable work surfaces, such as step stools and ladders;
- On places which lack handrails or security barriers, such as on stairwells and upper floor levels;
- On walkways or sidewalks with surfaces that are cracked or uneven.
Slip and Fall At Work Injuries
According to research from the National Floor Safety Institute, slip and fall accidents while working are one of the leading causes of workers’ compensation claims. Injuries that can impair your ability to work or perform on-the-job tasks include the following:
- Muscle, tendon, and ligament strains, sprains, and tears;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Back injuries; such as slipped or herniated disks;
- Head and neck injuries, including concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
If you are injured as the result of a slip and fall at work, you may be entitled to compensation, either through the California Division of Workers’ Compensation, or through a personal injury lawsuit.
Reach Out to Us Today for Help
If you or someone you care about is injured while working, contact our Ventura accident attorney right away. At the Quirk Law Firm, LLP, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need to get the compensation you are entitled to, including coverage of your medical expenses and lost wages. As your full service personal injury law firm, we can help protect your rights, while assisting you in getting the benefits you deserve. We serve Ventura, California and the surrounding areas; call or contact us online today for a free consultation.
This Blog Was Provided By:
Ventura, California 93003