Uber Accident Lawyer Ventura, CA
If you were recently in an Uber accident, you may want to speak with an Uber accident lawyer Ventura, CA residents trust. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer from Quirk Law Firm, LLP can help you pursue a claim against the negligent party.
Common Causes of Uber Accidents
Ubers are considered a fast and convenient mode of transportation. That’s why many people nowadays rely on Uber and other rideshare apps for transportation. Unfortunately, however, the increased Uber vehicles on the road have led to more accidents. Here are the most common causes of Uber accidents.
- Driving on unfamiliar roads. Uber drivers often have to go to areas they’re familiar with to pick up passengers. If they have never driven on certain roads before, they might make sudden stops, drive slower or make sudden turns, which can all increase the risk of accidents.
- Speeding. Driving above the speed limit is dangerous for all drivers, including Uber drivers. Speeding can lower their reaction time and not give them enough time to react to hazards on the road. Some Uber drivers may speed to collect as many passengers as possible, increasing their paycheck.
- Distracted driving. Uber drivers have to deal with more distractions than the average driver. They must always have their rideshare application running, which gives them information about pick-up and drop-off points. Uber drivers may also talk with their passengers, which can divert their attention off the road.
- Poor vehicle maintenance. As an Uber accident lawyer in Ventura, CA can confirm, Uber drivers are expected to maintain and repair their vehicles. Unfortunately, however, not all drivers do this. Poor vehicle maintenance can result in Uber accidents. For example, if an Uber vehicle’s brakes malfunction, it can rear-end another vehicle.
- Drowsy driving. Some Uber drivers spend long hours on the road to make ends meet. After a while, this can take a toll. Driving too many hours can make drivers tired. As a result, they may lose focus on the road ahead and get into an accident.
Getting Compensation After an Uber Accident
If you were injured in an Uber accident, it’s important to discuss your case with a qualified lawyer as soon as possible. Uber accidents are more complicated than regular car accidents, so it’s wise to have someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side.
Schedule a consultation with an Uber accident lawyer in Ventura, CA from Quirk Law Firm, LLP today.