Ventura Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The experience of riding a motorcycle on a sunny southern California day can be exhilarating and is a favorite pastime of thousands who call Ventura, CA home. Unfortunately, motorcyclists are at greater risk of a serious or fatal injury than other vehicle passengers, especially when they are involved in a traffic collision. When riding a motorcycle, the body is extremely vulnerable in the event of an accident – which is why the risk of serious or fatal injury is much greater than in other vehicle accidents.
Suffering a motorcycle accident can be life-changing, tragically debilitating, and sometimes fatal. If another driver’s negligence caused your injuries, you may be able to recover compensation. We have a team of lawyers who have been handling motorcycle accident cases for years; they have won settlements and verdicts totaling in the millions of dollars. Contact a dedicated Ventura, CA motorcycle accident lawyer from Quirk Law Firm, LLP to learn more about how we can help you gain compensation for damages, losses, and suffering.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
- 77% of them are struck in the front of the motorcycle by the other vehicle.
- 7% of motorcycle accidents involve a rear end collision.
- 47% of motorcycle accidents result in a fatality to the motorist.
- Greater than 50% of these fatal motorcycle crashes are caused by the opposing car making a left turn in front of the motorcyclist.
- 75% of all motorcycle accidents involving another vehicle are caused by the drivers’ failure to see the motorcycle before the collision.
- 98% of injuries are suffered by the motorcyclist instead of the other driver when an automobile is involved.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- amputation of limbs
- spinal cord damage and soft tissue damage
California Highway Patrol Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- Age is a factor in deadly motorcycle collisions. Out of all licensed riders in 2013, only 10 percent were between the ages of 15-24, but between 11-13 percent of the total number of fatalities were in that age group.
- Motorcycle collisions also take into account sex in their risk factors. Male riders account for a startling 90 percent of all reported motorcycle accident deaths in California.
- Speeding, improper turning, and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs are linked to more than two-thirds of motorcycle fatalities are linked to three key factors.
- Motorcyclists in California contribute to a majority of the accidents that occur. About 65 percent of all accident-causing motorcycle crashes implicated the rider, while about 56 percent of all injury-causing motorcycle crashes implicated the rider.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Quirk Law Firm, LLP is a full service personal injury law firm. We have offices in Ventura, California and Las Vegas, NV. Our lawyers have over 20 years of combined legal experience. If you have recently been injured in a motorcycle accident as a result of the negligence of another driver, consider contacting a motorcycle accident lawyer Ventura, CA residents trust, from Quirk Law Firm, LLP.
Our clients receive personal attention. When you meet with a lawyer individually, you will learn about how personal injury cases work, and you will be notified of every step of the process. We are a state-of-the-art paperless personal injury law firm and we will communicate with you electronically.