Oxnard Car Accident Lawyer
Driving on the Pacific Coast Highway or along the 101 can be pleasant at any time of the year, but it’s important to remember that auto accidents can happen anywhere. To be sure, the California Office of Traffic Safety recently reported that traffic fatalities in our state recently rose by 1.5 percent for a total of nearly 3,000 auto accident deaths annually. Although this number is still relatively low compared to statistics from previous decades, thousands of car crashes are too many to have on our roadways.
If you or someone you love recently sustained serious or fatal injuries in an auto accident in Southern California, you should discuss your case with an Oxnard auto accident attorney as soon as possible. In order to be eligible for compensation, you must file your claim within a certain period of time. Don’t let a negligent driver get away with causing your injuries and harming your livelihood. Contact an Oxnard personal injury attorney at the Quirk Law Firm, LLP today.
Car Accidents Facts & Figures In California
California ranks among the five largest states in the U.S. in terms of total auto accident deaths. Although it has a better rate of fatal car collisions than Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina, deadly crashes remain a serious problem in Oxnard and throughout the state. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Office of Traffic Safety, the following represent the most common causes of car accidents today:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol: between 2011 and 2012, this number rose from 774 alcohol-impaired fatalities to 802 alcohol-impaired fatalities. In terms of total fatalities, deaths linked to DUIs represent nearly 30 percent of the total. California is actually better than the national average, for which alcohol-impaired fatalities represent more than 30 percent of the annual total.
- Distracted driving: more than 1,100 people are injured and nearly 10 are killed each day in the country as a result of distracted driving. Distracted driving, according to the CDC, is “driving while doing another activity that takes your attention away from driving.” One of the primary examples of distracted driving is texting while you’re behind the wheel. To be sure, texting and talking while driving cause thousands of accidents every year.
- Aggressive driving: whether it’s speeding or following too closely, aggressive driving is one of the primary causes of deadly traffic collisions.
Preventing Oxnard Traffic Collisions
How can you prevent auto accidents in Oxnard? Some of the following tips can help to keep you and your family safe:
- Always wear seat belts
- Don’t talk or text on the phone while driving
- Don’t drink alcohol and drive
- If you’re tired, pull over. Drowsy driving is another major factor in auto accidents
- Don’t speed
- Don’t tailgate
- If possible, avoid driving in inclement weather
- In general, obey the rules of the road
Contact An Auto Accident Attorney In Oxnard
If you or a loved one recently sustained injuries in a traffic collision, you should discuss your case with an experienced personal injury attorney in Oxnard as soon as possible. Ventura County accident attorney Trevor Quirk at the Quirk Law Firm, LLP can speak with you today about filing a claim for compensation.